The CCMG Scientific Committee is accepting proposals for invited sessions for the 2017 Annual Meeting in Montreal, Canada. The meeting will be held April 30-May 3, 2017.
Submitting a proposal offers CCMG members the opportunity to directly participate in the development of the scientific program. With the input from the membership, the CCMG Scientific Committee hopes to assemble the best program possible that will be of interest to many members. A detailed proposal, will enable the Scientific Committee to thoroughly evaluate the merit and relevance of the proposed topic and speakers.
The Scientific Committee encourages submissions covering the following topics:
- Founder Effects/Population Genetics
- Non-pharmacological treatment of genetic diseases
- Humanities in clinical genetics
Strong proposals should include novel aspects of the above areas, speakers with complementary clinical and basic science expertise, and be applicable to a broad audience interested in human inherited disorders.
Invited sessions will have a uniform format of 4 (four) 30-minute slots. There should be, therefore, 4 (four) speakers within a given session. The proposer must be a current CCMG member (2016-2017) and must serve as session moderator.
There is a limit of 2 (two) non-member speakers per session and only 1 (one) of these can travel from outside of North America due to the cost of air transportation.
CCMG Member and non-member speakers are provided complimentary registration, for the day of their talk, to recognize their special contribution to the annual meeting.
Proposals are due by August 15, 2016. Click here to submit.
All proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
You may be contacted by a member of the Scientific Committee during the review process and asked to provide additional details.
In an effort to develop the best program possible, proposers may be asked to switch speakers or combine their session with another on a similar topic. Please be prepared to have this discussion.
Before submitting a proposal, proposers should contact all speakers to ensure their availability for the 2017 CCMG Meeting.
You will need the following information in order to complete the submission process:
- Proposer: Full name and address of the proposer, session topic, session title, description of 100-250 words, rationale, learning objectives, and target audience.
- Moderator(s): Full name and address of at least one moderator (2nd moderator is not required but encouraged). NOTE: The first moderator can be the proposer.
- Speakers: Each session should have four speakers, including any presentations by the moderator(s). Required: Speaker name and institution, presentation title, description of 100-250 words. Vague abstracts may be difficult for the Scientific Committee to evaluate and may not be competitive.