“The voice of medical genetics in Canada”
CCMG is a national Canadian organization that serves its members, governments and the public by:
- Certifying individuals who provide medical genetics services
- Establishing the professional and ethical standards of medical genetics services
- Establishing standards of medical genetics training
- Providing professional and public education
- Informing public policy
We demonstrate LEADERSHIP through:
- Having a responsible certification process
- Driving public policy
- Advocating for our profession
- Providing quality education for our members, trainees, the public and our profession
- Encouraging and fostering collaborative Canadian research
We hold ourselves to the highest ETHICAL standards by:
- Having integrity in all we do
- Holding the public/patient interest foremost in our practices
- Having a fair, open and transparent certification process
We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do.
We are INCLUSIVE by:
- Supporting our members
- Valuing partnerships and collaboration
- Encouraging participation
- Valuing cohesion as well as differences and diversity
- Having effective communication
Critical Success Factors
- A growing, effective, committed and engaged membership.
- A recognized, respected and active role in forming public policy for genetics in medicine.
- The high value that hospitals, academic institutions and provincial health care systems place on CCMG certified individuals.
- An organization with sustainable financial resources.